07 Aug Roasted Cabbage Slices
These Roasted Cabbage Slices are crazy good! They are also so easy that I feel bad posting them as a recipe! They are crunchy and salty but still healthy! If you don’t like cabbage, I’d encourage you to try this recipe… the “cabbage” taste really disappears and leaves and sweet and roasted treat.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 tablespoons (or more) of oil (I like avocado)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I used about a TB of each)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of favorite herbs like basil, caraway
- seeds, dill, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage starting at the top of the head so that the inner pieces form circles within the slices. Aim for ¼-1/2 inch slices.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place the cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil. You may need to melt it if using a solid oil like coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with desired spices (it is even delicious with just Himalayan salt !) and place in the oven.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender in the middle and sides are just starting to turn golden brown. Remove and serve.
- I enjoy this plain or topped with an over-easy egg for breakfast.